Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Hong Kong can do no wrong

Hong Kong photos -------> HERE



The skyline on top of Victoria's Peak.


My Hong Kong-German buddy, Jörg, and me


Hi Zania!



Such a lively city



Artsy-futuristic architecture


Hong Kong is a utopia of sorts. It's the best Asian example where Western and Eastern people, idealogies and customs can truly work and live side-by-side. I'm sure there's loads of prejudices and social barriers, but it might be the place in Asia that holds the least amount of both.

Thanks to England and its colonizing, virtually everyone, not just the people who deal with tourists, speak English. The streets are cleaner than mainland China and it's one of the most diverse places in Asia. The city is relatively rich so I didn't see any homeless people (although I'm sure they exist). When I showed my pictures to my sisters, they both remarked how much it resembled New York. In short, Hong Kong is the shit.

I was only their for a couple of days, just enough time to get a haircut, get on top of Victoria Peak to look at the skyline by night, take the star ferry, shop at the markets, party in Lan Kwai Fong, and sleep in Chungking Mansions (EEK! actually not as bad as people say). My trip was officially unwinding, and in a matter of hours, I'd be heading back to "the land of expanding waistlines*," the US of A.

*Nice one Adam! Ha!

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment