Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





California, here I come

Bye Bye Asia. Hello USA.

From Hong Kong, I flew into my original hometown, Los Angeles, to spend a few days with all the family we left behind. Words do no justice, and my time with them flew by a lot faster than I would've liked it to. Here's a brief recap:

Day 1: Met up with my aunt, uncle and cousin. Ate extra cheesy lasagna. At that point, my jellyfish sting was leaking ooze through my bandages. I saw another pharmacist.


My repulsive jellyfish foot a few days after the scene of the crime.


Day 2: Met up with my other aunt, uncle, and cousin. Aunt and uncle take me to the East L.A.--the most Mexican part of the city to feast on the best chimichangas money can buy. Mama likey. Also, met up with 2 buddies of mine from college (Hey Leia and Kris!!).


My uncle and some mariachi players at the BEST Mexican joint ever


Day 3: Meet up with cousin who takes me to his job where he works with the MTV show "Pimp My Ride." Cousin shows me the fixed up Aston Martins and Cadillacs. I take many cheesey pics with the staff.


One of the top dogs from Mtv's Pimp My Ride and the cheezin as always, me


Day 4: Cousin takes me to a Halloween party. Him and his friends dress up as Mexicans and I dress up as an Asian with a Chinese dress and a Vietnamese conical hat. I held my breath all night, hoping to not get shot.


My cousin Jeff and me



My cousin Adrian and me

Day 5: Say farewell to my family who pampered me like crazy. They're incredible. I took a flight to Jacksonville, Florida to go home to my immediate family.


My parents, sisters and me :)



Another Napolean-Dynamite-Glamour-Shots family photo
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment