Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





one of the 7 wonders of the world: Ta Phrom

Completely unrestored, Ta Phrom temple has become a beautiful and willing victim to nature. Carpets of moss blanket the stone roof, while monstrous vines dig through the ground. This was, by far, my favorite temple at Angkor Wat. I listened to my Ipod to drown out the hordes of Japanese and Chinese tour groups and laid on a crumbled wall to take it in all its' majesty. Two girls behind me had the same idea, spending the afternoon sketching the dark greens of the temple in their notebooks.


Ta Phrom temple had an eerie feel to it.

The Khmer boys who were my mini-travel guides.

While inside, these 2 Khmer boys singled me out to follow them through the dark passageways. They led me by the arm to a dark corner, with absolutely noone around, to show me the head of a tiny statue that was almost completely strangled by tree vines. Pleased to show me their little secret, they ran off laughing, hiding themselves from the rest of the tourists.

The secret tiny face. Can you see it?

Labels: , , ,

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment