Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





underwater breathing

As I wrote before, there was nothing to do on the tropical Perhentian Islands but to decompress and scuba dive, which is exactly what I needed! Malaysia suposedly has the cheapest scuba diving in the world and some of the best underwater scenery. I signed up for a class, watched the generic videos, took the test, practiced my dives, and got certified by the end of the week.

The best part of the week was meeting the people in my class, especially my scuba partner, Connor. He's a lawyer from Dublin and even though we were supposed to be responsible for not letting each other die in the water, we joked off instead by secretly teasing our scuba instructor (We coined the name "the Horny Hoff" for him and his dubious, middle-aged-David-Hasselhoff charm, and mission to make me his 4th wife. Yikes!!), losing each other in the water and giving each other the answers to the final test. Thanks to that class, he and his Irish buddy, Derek, (an ex-professional rugby player), became my lucky charms during my stay on the islands (excuse the Irish puns; i cant help myself). Night BBQ's, Tiger beer, good company, coconut oil...this was def the first time my trip felt like a VACATION!

The Horny Hoff


My Irish comrades, Derek and Connor.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment