Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





a singapore sling in singapore

~ ~Extra! Extra!! My pics from Singapore are up. Click here!~ ~


My 11AM Singapore Sling.
Raffle's Hotel is one of the poshest hotels in the world, which gives me absolutely no reason to go there except that they are the ones who invented the world-famous drink, Singapore Sling way back in the day. I only had a couple hours before my bus left for Malaysia, so I had to make a made dash for the hotel. Once there, I paid the 20 Singaporian dollars to taste the fruity drink. It was soooo delish because it was sweet, just how I like it, but still really light. The bartender was nice enough to give me a stack of the recipes for me and my friends back home. The courtyard where the bar is looks and feel a lot like New Orleans, pre-Hurricane Katrina. It was fun to pretend like I was a high-roller, but playtime was over and I had to catch my bus!!

The Original Singapore Sling Recipe:

2 dashes of Orange Bitters
2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
The juice of half a lemon
8 gill of Benedictine
1/8 gill of Dry Cherry Brandy
1/2 gill of Gin

Pour into a tumbler and fill up with cold soda water.

The ridiculously posh Raffles Hotel in Singapore.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 05:35, Blogger E said...

it looks like your having so much fun! i am so jealous! have fun, be safe and take some more good photos! :-)    



At 20:42, Blogger Kat said...

i'm so glad you're having a fabulous time!keep us updated with all your colourful experiences! ^_^    



At 22:59, Blogger Cee Pee said...

thanks for the notes! how the site doing e? kat, i saw your blog for a a min but havent been able to read it all yet, but i will soon! hope ozzland is amazing and congrats on the new job.    



At 06:10, Blogger E said...

cant believe FSU won again :-( glad you are gone so I didnt bet you again! :-)

you asking about http://www.japanphotoguide.com ?? it is coming along slowly but surely! I completely changed the design, so check it out if you haven't in a while! jya-ne!    



» Post a Comment