Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





The Salad Bowl of Malaysia

I've been trying to catch everyone up with what's been going on, but I'm still stuck on writing about my time in Malaysia. Since then I've already left Malaysia, stayed in Thailand, and am in Cambodia now. Loads happen in just one day, so much randomness that it's virtually impossible to write about it all, or even most of it. To those of you who are reading this, thanks for staying with me and I'll try my hardest to blog as much as I can in these next few days.

From Kuala Lumpar (the capital of Malaysia), I took the bus north to Cameran Highlands, a mountain resort area that is known for being cool (as in the weather) and has lots of tea plantations. Accoridng to my guide book, it's "the salad bowl of Malaysia." It's more like Romaine lettuce, not Iceburg or cabbage.

A salad bowl or tea plantation?

The main thing to do here is explore the jungles, which is what I did. I took on some trails through the jungle that led me to the most picturesque places like giant waterfalls and little streams. Once at the top of a hill, I found acres of tea plantations and local farmers waving me hello. It almost felt like I had discovered a secret little village.

The Chinese shrine at the top of the jungle trail.

It was in Cameron Highlands that I met an amazing English woman well in her 70's. She was travelling from Europe to Asia, alone, on a motorbike. She;s been on the road for 16 months now and has to plan her trip accoridng to the monsoon season, "becuase driving this bike on muddy dirt roads is not like having a laugh." Here's to you, old-daredevil-Bristish-motorcycle-lady!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment