Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





i'm scuba certified!

I'm a scuba Buddha.

Just call me Padi O' Perez because I've finally gotten my official scuba certification with Padi (scuba assoc.). It's about time, seeing how I'm from Forida, a place famous for its beaches and dive sites. That was the running joke with the people at my dive place, that I came across the globe to do something I could've done in my backyard.

The world's first underwater manicure.

We did some amazing dives, and I especially liked this one of the tiny feeder shrimp who swam to our fingers to pick at our nails. We got our very own underwater manicure! I think the Horny Hoff (my instructor) took it a little too far though when he took his regulator off to let the shrimp pick at his teeth. Eeeeew....

None of my pics do the dives any justice; the bright plankton, striped giant clams, or trigger fish didnt show up very clear, so you'll just have to take my word for it. The Malaysian ocean is spectacular and its easy to see why so many people from around the world come here to dive and take their honeymoon.


Here fishy, fishy...!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment