Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





miso sad to leave china

* * Woo Hoo!!! I've uploaded my China pictures on my website. Click here! Plus, I added pics on my previous posts, scroll down to take a look. * *


Bye China, it's been fun. It feels like I just got here, and yet 3 weeks have passed.


Goodbye near-death experiences with traffic. Fighting motorcyclists, bikers, drivers, spicy chicken vendors to cross the street just won't be the same with you, China. I'll miss the adrenaline rush borderline nervous breakdowns.


Goodbye crowded buses. You saved me from nearly dying on the streets and threw me in another dangerous situation: crushed or suffocated to death by selling too many tickets on an inadequate bus.


Goodbye saliva. Where else in the world will I hear pretty women hawking loogies, feel the rickashay of an old man's spit, or see a "No Spitting" sign in a subway station? China, you're one of a kind.


Goodbye ridiculous gap between the rich and the poor. By the end of my stay, I wasn't as startled to see a black Bentley pull over to buy watermelon from the local guy at a trolley-- shoeless and dirty.


Goodbye Avian Bird Flu. You made eating chicken an exciting adventure, and I owe it all to China.


Goodbye China! See you in 2008 for the summer Olympics!!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment