Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





FL State Uni in China

Chinese/FSU limbo?!

Good 'ol Tallahassee drinking games, "F*ck the Dealer."

Baylor and I were locked in the dorm room! Eeeeek! This little Chinese man had to climb through that little window to help.

Gloria, Jamie and I trying to NOT be silly. Didn't work.

Visiting Jamie in Tianjin was slightly surreal seeing how I haven't been around that many Americans in a year. She was doing my university's, FSU (Florida State Univ.), study abroad program with around 100 other students, so I was surrounded by college-aged Floridians the whole time I was there. In so many ways, it felt like I was back home:
  • In Florida, the only remedy to a sweltering humid afternoon is to go to the pool or beach. In Tianjin, the only remedy to a sweltering humid afternoon is to play with water guns and water balloons.
  • In Florida, the best way to celebrate the end of final exams is to drink cheap beer. In Tianjin, the best way to celebrate the end of final exams is to drink cheap beer.
  • In Florida, the night is not complete until the group has made the obligatory food run to the nearest, late-night cheap place. (See: Hungry Howie's, McDonald's) In Tianjin, the night is not complete until the group has made the obligatory food run to the nearest, cheap place. (See: the guy selling fried dumplings on the road, McDonald's)
  • In Florida, on the next morning, you laugh at others, exchange pictures, and swear it will be your last time doing all things mentioned above. In Tianjin, on the next morning, you laugh at others, exchange pictures, and swear it will be your last time doing all things mentioned above.

I'm glad I got to see Jamie, even if I caught her at a stressful time. She's decided to stay in China until December to teach English, so she was mega busy getting her new life together. Good luck with that and thanks for being the hostess with the mostess!!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment