Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Kyoto II: Carrying Buddha

Since i'm really slacking on the blogging--been feeling especially uninspired lately--i'm going to sort of rush through the rest of the family vacation and let the pics speak for themselves. I finished putting them all on my website, so click here if you're interested.

The rest of Kyoto was just as fun since we happened to stumble upon a festival at one of the most famous temples in Kyoto (the one with all the crimson toriis jam packed on top of a hill). My parents were able to bond with some Japanese people while this old Japanese guy gave my sis and I a free beer. People were dressed in the typical festival fare and were carrying those portable shrines on their backs. By the end of it, some guy who looked like a professional photographer took pics of us.

One of the nights we slept in a temple that had a zen garden in the middle and a huge cemetery outside. Normally the fact would give me the creeps, and at times the wind shaking the tall wooden sticks against each other did give me the creeps. Other wise, it was surprisingly serene. After Kyoto, we went to Kobe for a really short time (like a day and a half) and just walked around the city and went to some sake breweries. At this point, we were exhasuted and were happy to be going to my home in the 'Guch.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment