Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Camping with Shelbyville

If you like the Simpsons as much as I do, then you probably remember Shelbyville: the neighboring town to Springfield that looked and sounded like Springfield.

The day after Hanami, a big group us from Yamaguchi headed north to go camping with our neighboring prefecture, Shimane.


They were Shelbyville and we were Springfield. They talked like us, acted like us and drank like us. Might I add that there was even an El Diablo in their group? She was Irish, but still "could start a party in a graveyard" just like our own little precious. Together we rocked the casbah out in the middle of the mountains..."roughing it up" although I don't consider heatable toilet seats rough, but whateva. Japan's idea of camping?

A few drinks and tasteless photos later, we managed to eat s'mores, cram 12 of us in a cabin and wake up early next morning, delirious as ever.


I have no idea what's going on here... ;)

"I've got a yosh in my pants!"
-said by everyone

Coming soon: a traditional Japanese archery festival
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 04:53, Blogger megan said...

oh my lord...what IS going on with us there???    



» Post a Comment