Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Osaka

This spring break, I chose to do the responsible thing and stay in Japan. So, Justin and I took the slow train from my town to Osaka, which was an 8 hour trip, but the view was so beautiful. Lots of rice fields and mountains.

My first impression of Osaka is that it looks like a Japanese Las Vegas. Super flashy, borderline tacky neon-lights everywhere and lots of people out at all hours of the night.


The locals are not your typical Japanese and I found them a little rough around the edges with a little more attitude than normal. My kind of people.


This square is where all the young, striving dancers come out to practice their moves. There’s a big mirror ball in the center and huge mirrors against all the walls. Teeny bopper music in the States looks artistically fresh (that’s a scary thought) compared to the overly fabricated and extra packaged music groups of J-pop. These kids were practicing in groups of 7 or more, danced to super hyper techno and were wearing the usual spastic get-up: neon clothes, orange-highlighted mullet hairstyles, “f*ck me” boots and oversized belts.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment