Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





The Late-Night Noodle

My town, Tokuyama, is no gem. If the picturesque 80's skyline of protruding methane factories don't get your bags packin', then surely the air pollution will. Yet, Tokuyama has one thing that redeems itself: the late-night ramen stands around my apartment. Most of them are manned by one or two people and they are usually crazy. This guy is my favorite. He's also crazy and has no teeth, but he makes the best ramen anyone could ask for at 4 in the morning. Screw an apple--a ramen a day will keep the hangover away. It doesn't hurt either that he's known for giving gaijin free beer and spontaneously putting female gaijin in a headlock (you OK Louise?!?). So, cheers to you, crazy late-night noodle man with no teeth!

P.S. As you can see, I've been blogging a lot lately. With no classes at work, I've had lots of free time on my hands. I've even tried to give my blog another makeover, but there are still lots of glitches. Does anyone know how I can get the menu back up to the top?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 20:03, Blogger J-girl said...

The problem with the menu is probably that somewhere you have a link or a single word that is too long for the format (it will not divide it up). If you go back and reduce the font of the link/word, your menu problem should be solved.    



At 01:44, Blogger beckyyyy said...

yey ramen!!!!!!!!! the best memories of Tokyama ALWAYS involve a good ramen!!    



At 03:20, Blogger goongirl said...

I got those photos back from our nights out the other weekend. Great one of you hoeing into the ramen. Chaos!    



At 22:43, Blogger Cee Pee said...

Thanks Cindi, I'll give it a whirl.

Becky, you're always welcome to have a drunken noodle in the Smokes. ;)

Steph, oh no..I'm scared! hehe    



» Post a Comment