Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Let it snow--Vanilla Ice cold

The first snow of the season happened on Tuesday and it was my first time seeing it...ever. Deprived? Yes, but it just meant that I was that much more grateful to be up at 6 AM, on my way to school, freezing my arse to see the beautiful sight. I busted out my electric blanket and cotton toilet seat cover to commemorate the event.

Christmas is nearly on it's way and my city, Tokuyama, ha already decorated all the streets near rhe train station with lights, fake snowed in windows and cheesy X-mas music to last me for the next few years. Take a look at this pic.It just feels wrong.

Hannah had an X-mas shindig at her place since we won't have a real one back home. Instead of watching the X-mas movies we brought over, Mark busted out with Vanilla Ice's film debut, "Cold As Ice." I can honestly say that this is THE worst mivie ever created by man. Don't just take my word for it. Watch the first 10 minutes of Vanilla's long rap intro with a young Naomi Campbell lip-synching while doing the "running man," and you'll see what I mean. As if that weren't bad enough, there is a montage in the middle where Vanilla and his girl go on a date. In one afternoon, they manage to go to a construction sight, ride a motorcycle through the dessert while hosing each other down with water, drive down a road in the middle of the the midwest (USA) plains, and find their way back to suburban California or Florida...hard to tell which one. Both satisfied, he leaves her by saying, "Ditch the zero and get with the hero." Classic....and last motion picture.

If you have free time and wanna laugh your arse off, click on this link for the funniest commentary I've read on any movie.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/385.html
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 21:17, Blogger Gillian said...

OMG, I LOVE that movie! (ok, obviously not, but I do love it absolute terrible cheesiness!) The scene where he dances around in the desert with the pressure hose between his legs is genius!    



At 00:06, Blogger Kat said...

don't diss the ice Christine!! That was a bloody brilliant film, a near contender to Crybaby in films that are so bad they're good. "Only one thing can melt a hearts of stone...ice!" (the tagline)    



At 06:24, Blogger Cee Pee said...

seriously, all i want 4 x-mas is that movie!    



» Post a Comment