Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





My Suga Momma

This is Watanabe-san, my suga momma. I say that because she gives me whatever I want. I don't actually ask for anything, but she pampers me more than anyone else. She reminds me of my grandma: so little and cute, i just wanna put her in my purse. She works in the high school office and fixes everything for me. When I talked about joining Aikido, she came back with all the papers. When I said my dresser was broken, she got me a new one with the school's money (no, I wouldn't take from lil' old ladies!). For no reason at all, she randomly brings me vegetables from her garden and loaves of her home cooked bread. It's no wonder that when I told her I love to cook, she offered to take me with her to her cooking class. So, off we went to class a few Saturdays ago. I learned how to make, curry doughnuts (tastes a lot better than it sounds), apple cake, do-it-yourself sushi, spicy bread and miso soup, among other things. After a few hours, we set the table with all the food and grubbed on one of the best meals I've had here. I don't know when I'm leaving Japan, but I know that when I do, I'll miss her.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 14:07, Blogger tito said...

she kind of looks like michael jackson...    



At 23:57, Blogger goongirl said...

Judging by your expression, you look like you have an axe behind you and will lop off her head. ;)    



» Post a Comment