Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





To my fam,

Thanks for the boxes!!! I got the first one on Monday and the second one today (still waiting for the 3rd one). I felt like it was Christmas when I saw the mailman drop them on my living room floor (X-mas in October..why not? We did have Thanksgiving in July! hehe). I took a big whiff as I opened them and they smelled just like our house..fabric softener, moth balls, and cilantro...mmm. The winter clothes came just in time becuase it definitely feels like fall at night and early morning.

The dream book is perfect (i'm a hocus-pocus, horoscope junkie). I've been having the weeeirdest dreams lately.

The birthday card was priceless. For the record, Mami and Papi did NOT win me in a Bingo game. It was Crazy Eights.

Lili, will you thank Eileen for the earrings? They are cutie...Navajo indian style.

Whoever convinced Mami to send the "In Touch" magazine--good call! Gawd, I really miss raunchy celebrity gossip, no matter how outdated it is. Is that Angelina Jolie vs. Jennifer Aniston feud still holding strong? Lindsay Lohan looks like a broomstick.

Maureen, I love the necklace and chocolate coffee bar from your Hawaii trip. I haven't stopped listening to the new Kanye West CD you burned either. BTW, I bought a pack of Tim Tams and a Dairy Milk chocolate bar 2 weeks ago. BE JEALOUS!!! hahaha

I never thought I'd ever be so happy to see Starbursts, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and sour gummi worms.

The Halloween decorations were a perfect touch. I'm throwing my students at the school for the Disabled a Halloween party. It'll be perfect. They love learning about "Jack O' Rrrrranterns" and the precious phrase "Trickuuu oruu Treatuuu."

I'll admit that getting those boxes made me feel a pang of homesickness. Then, I realized that my apartment felt that much cozier and, well...more like home. Thanks SO much!

Love ya guys,
Christy
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 18:11, Blogger Mo said...

Enjoy the goodies!! I hope you didn't eat that "candy bar".....that was a little 'trinket' from the pupster. haha    



At 19:15, Blogger tito said...

your welcome it was my pleasure ...next time i will include your other favorite magazine..huslter    



» Post a Comment