Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





My 22nd Birrffffday!

**I posted pics from my birthday and random sheizer on my site (link is on the right).**

I must admit that my birthday turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting much considering the fact that my school had the cojones to switch my work schedule at the very last minute. So, off to the school festival I went, on a Saturday. Luckily, the other JETS planned a party that night in a town (Yanai) a couple hours away from me. Keith graciously showed up in his P.E. coach/70's pimp afro costume and that's when the night took its turn. I was obsessed with his poor fro and held it hostage for most of the night. Kind of like Steph's El Diablo persona, I seemed to transform into some Black Panther-disco-lovin-God-fearing-mamma-jamma of sorts.

The theme was to dress as ridiculously schoolish (Japanese style) as possible. As most of you guys back home know, I would have jumped at the opportunity to dress up and make a fool out of myself, but I decided it was too short notice. Instead, I vouched to embarrass myself through a few drinks. The 2nd year JETS were cracking me up. I still can't get enough of Chris' (the guy in the blue shirt lifting his shorts up) British rendition of Coolio's "Gangsta Paradise".

The bar had a trivia game and I joined a group that was full of English-speaking Taiwanese 20-somethings living in Japan. They just so happen to live in my city and go to school at the nearby university. What are the odds? Although we didn't win the game (we came in second), we did hit it off. Things got a bit hazy after that. Miraculously, I woke up in Ellen's apartment the next morning, not quite sure how or when I got there. She later told me that Rosie took good care of me--thanks Rosie (and to the rest who made sure I never went thirtsy)!!!! :) It was the best night I'll never remember...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 19:25, Blogger Lauren said...

Hey Christine! Yeah it was a great night...you sure seemed to be enjoying youself! Hey, you're only 30 mins from Yanai...not 'a couple of hours'!! Come again soon!    



At 00:42, Blogger goongirl said...

Hey you could never be el diablo! ;)

You coming to party in fukuoka? Sorry I didn`t make it to School Daze or ya birthday but one of my schools organised a piss up for me.    



At 10:10, Blogger tito said...

welcome to 22 miss krust...let your days be filled with yakitori and your nights with young korean men    



» Post a Comment