Tales From A Broad

My year of teaching English in Japan is up. Next mission: backpack Asia before going home to the U.S.A. Currently HOME!





Grading Japanese Homework

I had to grade an assignment that the seniors did before summer vacation started. The teacher asked them to write an essay as follows: Suppose you received a wonderful gift from someone close to you. Write a "thank you" letter to the person who gave it to you, and describe what it is. I started to read through them and realized that I was quicky laughing my ass off. Here are some notable answers.

Thank you for ________________.
1.) "the huge watermelon. It's bigger than my house. I will throw a party and give them out."
2.) "palatial residence."
3.) "the Force."
4.) "stocks of venture corporation." Only in Japan would a teenager actually dream about this...

Other notable quotes:
"Judging by your appearance, you don't seem to make a cake, so I was surprised to see you made me one."

"Thanks for the DVD player, but it doesn't work very well, so please send me a manual of it."

"Thank you for the clothes which you used. It is a very nice smell and I love you. I never wear it without remembering you, because it is very strong smell. To make a long story short, I want to get married to you."
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment